Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
Business resilience requires strategic planning at all levels
Business resilience can only be achieved by assessing enterprise risks and the ability to respond and recover from incidents. Identifying risks to a business and quantifying the potential impact of these, requires involvement of both operational and IT departments. CIOs must work with business units to create effective Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity (BC) plans and policies to increase resiliency.
The foundations of a resilient business lie in preparation
Providing uninterrupted delivery of business-critical services is the cause of many a sleepless night for technology leaders. Creating an environment where downtime is kept to an absolute minimum and IT systems highly-available and accessible is possible and relies on several factors:
- Resource and budget commitment from board-level to invest in Disaster Recovery as part of wider Business Continuity planning.
- Assessment of vulnerabilities which the business and its operations, technology infrastructure and business processes might be exposed to.
- Resource assessment of in-house capability versus managed IT services for DR and BC.
According to an IDC study, organisations running DR internally lost an average of $4 million per disaster incident. In contrast, organisations using a third party managed service provider lost an average of $1.1 million per incident. The study adds that companies using in-house DR sites spend 32% more than those opting to use a third party provider.
A trusted advisor with the expertise in Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Working with organisations of all sizes - small and medium, mid-market and global enterprises, we recognise that there is no one size fits all approach to BC and DR. The infrastructure environments, resources and budgets vary for each organisation. Our approach begins with an understanding of the risks and vulnerabilities, the critical systems and resources. Our solutions include:
- Online Backup within our highly secure Tier III Data Centre facility.
- Cloud-based DR solutions including Server Replication.
- Disaster Recovery with seats across the UK.
- Virtual Data Centre environments.
Once risks and resources have been understood, we then design DR solutions with our customers’ teams which are key to their businesses being resilient.