Viewer is king, quality is key and speed is a pre-requisite
Broadcasters are striving to deliver quality audio and video content in real-time to increasingly global audiences. Data transport at every stage of the broadcast lifecycle demands resiliency, low latency and scalability. Meeting commercial targets without compromising on technical quality requires robust Network design for transmission.
Satisfying viewer experience requires low latency
Low jitter & no packet loss
In an increasingly social-media savvy era, viewers are quick to voice dissatisfaction. Seamless transmission requires data networks which are designed to reduce jitter, packet delay and packet loss. Invariably, high jitter results in increased latency and increased packet loss, which in turn results in interrupted and poor quality transmission.
Resilient, scalable and low latency Broadcast networks
Our UK wide Network is designed with resiliency, scalability and low latency in mind. Our VPLS Layer 2 IP Network - the UK's first 100GigE core Network - allows Broadcasters to connect multiple broadcast transmission streams using a single circuit in real-time. Our Network supports multiple interfaces including ASI, SD/HD-SDI and uni- and bi-directional streams with end-to-end Quality of Service.
We work with you to ensure your Network is capable of delivering uncompressed or compressed feeds, enables tapeless file sharing to speed up contribution and distribution and ensures real-time delivery of uncompressed content to the right location at the right time.
Experienced Broadcast Network team
At Exponential-e, we don’t believe in one size fits all. Which is why, we have a dedicated team of Broadcast industry experts who have experience in designing and deploying Broadcast IP Networks. We work with major organisations including CBS News, Bell Media and Channel 4.
Benefits of our Broadcast solutions
- Major cost savings over traditional terrestrial networks using SDH and ATM or satellite connections.
- Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Backup and storage can be incorporated into your Network.
- End-to-end QoS enables us to manage packet delivery and sequencing.
- Manage workflows from contribution in the field to distribution from production and studio suites.
- Multi-media formats including Mpeg4, Mpeg2, Jpeg2000 are supported.
- Facility Line enables access to BT Tower from any UK location via our own 100 node Network.