Inbound Call Management
Inbound Call Management — prioritising your customers
Providing good customer service by handling inbound calls efficiently is critical to all organisations. Putting callers on hold for too long or transferring callers to the incorrect department may not only damage your company’s reputation but also impact your company's overall profit figures.
Effectively manage inbound calls
In contrast to conventional ISDN lines, Inbound Call Management enables businesses to be more flexible, operate more efficiently and provide a better customer experience. Exponential-e's Inbound Call Management service is designed to ensure calls are answered quickly, efficiently and by the right people. Importantly, it allows you to take advantage of your existing telephony investments whilst benefitting from enhanced inbound call services.
Smart call routing
With our Inbound Call Management service you can easily route inbound telephone numbers, geographic or non-geographic, anywhere on or off your network where you want them - handing you the control and distribution of calls into your business. The service allows you to ensure inbound geographic or non-geographic numbers ring multiple destinations simultaneously (i.e. SIP forking). In addition, answered calls can be routed to the most appropriate part of the organisation using Auto Attendant.
Extending your office to remote locations
Exponential-e also offers remote access solutions that enable remote workers to feel more connected to your organisation by extending the local office LAN alongside the telephone system. These remote access solutions combined with Exponential-e’s Inbound Call Management, can effectively transform how your organisation works.
Calls made to specific numbers can be redirected to the departments nominated by your business, regardless of geography. During peak times, inbound call distribution allows calls to be redirected to other sites that may be underutilised, ensuring you maximise inbound call answering and improve staff efficiency and productivity.
How Exponential-e's Inbound Call Management service works
When using Exponential-e’s Inbound Call Management Service your local geographic or non-geographic telephone number is ported to our Inbound Voice Services platform. Calls destined for this number are programmed to ring a pilot group that can include locations on or off Exponential-e’s network, or a combination of both.
A pilot group can be set up to ring multiple destinations simultaneously from the same inbound originating number. When a call is answered it automatically ceases to ring at the other destinations. In addition, once the call has been answered it can easily be transferred to another extension or put on hold whilst an internal call is made to another extension (whether local or remote). This ability to manage calls like a virtual mini PABX between remote locations is where Exponential-e’s enhanced Voice switch capability exceeds conventional inbound telephony.
A real case scenario
A car dealership wants to appear local to its customers and advertises using local geographic numbers. During peak periods the organisation’s service department is overwhelmed with calls and needs additional staff to deal with the inbound enquiries. However, the business does not have enough office space to recruit more staff to cover these peak hours.
Exponential-e’s Inbound Call Management would enable the business to supplement the workforce during peak hours with flexible part-time home-based employees by seamlessly connecting home-based employees to the organisations telephone system. Auto attendant could also be used to front incoming calls and efficiently forward calls to the correct team at the car dealership, whether they are on site or working remotely.
Prerequisites for our Inbound Call Management service:
Telephone numbers, geographic or non-geographic, must be ported to Exponential-e’s voice switches. The organisation’s local telephone system needs to support group ringing. If this is not possible Exponential-e can provide additional hosted telephony services from its dynamic data centres.
Features of Exponential-e's Inbound Call Management service:
- Enables inbound geographic or non-geographic numbers to ring multiple destinations simultaneously (i.e. SIP forking)
- Answer calls and route them to the most appropriate part of the organisation using Auto Attendant functionality
- Automatically route calls by time of day
- Provision of mini private automatic branch exchange (PABX) capabilities from Exponential-e’s dynamic data centre for each geographic or non-geographic telephone number in the telephone network
- Call recording of incoming conversations
- Number portability - keep your number for life regardless of your office location
- Networked based intelligent call routing based on rules
- SLA of 99.999%
Benefits of our Inbound Call Management service:
- Reduce costs: remove need to invest in additional telecommunications infrastructure
- Improve customer service: never miss a call with call routing and respond to your customers faster
- Improve efficiency and productivity: route inbound telephone numbers, geographic or non-geographic, anywhere on or off the network to locations/teams at lower capacity
- Make better use of physical resources: with load balancing of inbound calls between different locations