Wide Area Networks
Wide Area Networks (WANs) need to support an ever-growing number of users, applications and sites. In addition, businesses are seeking to do more with less and Cloud and Virtualisation services are placing even more strain on legacy network infrastructure.
The above means Wide Area Network migrations and integrations are becoming increasingly complex and costly.
The hybrid network offering customer choice (VPLS and MPLS and the network)
Exponential-e’s Wide Area Network offering is delivered over our 100GigE carrier-class core network. As pioneers in Layer 2 VPLS, our corporate WAN service is designed around the customer. We are unique in offering organisations the choice of a hybrid network which is built at Layer 2 VPLS and Layer 3 MPLS. This hybrid model ensures customers’ network designs are defined by the applications they use – maximising business performance. As we own our network, our Wide Area Networks come with a true end-to-end SLA.
Built around the applications you use
With our Layer 2 VPLS Wide Area Network organisations are able to manage their network as a LAN, effectively making any remote sites appear as if they are part of one building. As a result, IT departments can easily choose between distributing servers and business-critical applications in multiple sites, or place them in one central location. As hardware and business requirements evolve, Exponential-e’s bespoke offering allows customers to intelligently move servers and applications to different sites. This offers a higher level of network resilience, improved Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery. In addition, the ability to segment the network by application allows businesses to maximise the performance on an application basis.
Flexibility and choice
Organisations can choose between a fully managed network or managing their network themselves and still benefit from Exponential-e’s full end-to-end SLAs. No matter what your Wide Area Network requirement, number and type of office locations and bandwidth needs, we are specialists in building simple to manage, easy to run and cost-effective Wide Area Networks.
Maximise lifecycle of your hardware and infrastructure assets
Exponential-e’s WAN service is not limited by router capability. In contrast to a traditional Layer 3 MPLS networks where all traffic is routed, Exponential-e’s hybrid networks are built using Ethernet Demarcation Devices (EDD). The EDD is a device that sits on the customer premise and allows us to deliver end-to-end Quality of Service on all of our circuits and eliminates the need for a router for any Layer 2 traffic. This effectively maximises the use and life of an organisation’s existing infrastructure and reduces the cost of investment in new hardware.
Exponential-e’s Wide Area Networks bring offices and employees together, making business more efficient. Features include six levels of QoS, comprehensive end-to-end SLAs and more:
- Flexible solution: choice of fibre-based WAN solution
- Multiple bandwidth options including 1Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Six levels of QoS to ensure traffic is prioritised according to business requirements
- End-to-end SLA for true peace of mind
- Delivered over 100GigE core network for optimum business performance.
Our Wide Area Networks enable organisations to reduce costs and access multiple services through Exponential-e’s service creation platform and much more:
- Easy to manage with one common service interface across numerous sites
- Full control with six Classes of Service, QoS and application performance management
- Optimise business performance with our high-availability and super-fast, single hop, switched networking
- Faster and more reliable remote access to applications and data
- Helps control networking costs with access to multiple services through convergence
- Facilitates a higher-performing corporate WAN through our 100GigE core network.