Bandwidth Management — network-based control of your application traffic
Applications are playing an increasingly important role in the success of today’s businesses. With usage patterns varying greatly from day-to-day and even hour-to-hour, organisations need to prioritise traffic from business-critical applications to gain a competitive advantage.
Bandwidth Management allows companies to regain control of their networks by enabling corporate IT teams to track and manage the performance of their business applications. However, the high cost involved with implementing traditional bandwidth management devices means the service is often unaffordable for most businesses.
Delivered over the Cloud, our Bandwidth Management service is built into Exponential-e’s core network. In contrast to conventional Bandwidth Management solutions, our service requires no dedicated on-site devices — eliminating the costly investments often associated with these solutions.
Impact on bandwidth:
Our Bandwidth Management service provides the ability to intelligently adapt application priorities and QoS policies when required. Hence, a CEO delivering an internal webcast can be treated differently to an employee transferring a file. It addresses infrastructure resources in real-time and provides a more efficient way to analyse application trends and traffic flows.
Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management service enables organisations to:
- Manage the performance of business-critical applications across their network
- Generate an inventory of all applications and protocols running across the network
- Quickly and simply improve the performance of key applications
- Provide application SLAs in relation to key business priorities
- Measure the volume of traffic being generated from each application.
The reporting capability includes the ability to:
- Build an application inventory
- Compile reports of resource-consuming applications or sites
- Identify level of application traffic and relative mix by site
- Assess progress against baseline to manage capacity growth
- Collate operational and performance data to build and articulate the business case for network upgrades.
Exponential-e’s Bandwidth Management service offers businesses full control of their networks with the ability to track and manage the performance of business applications. Features include application blocking, self-service portal for real-time visibility and more:
- Application blocking
- Application rate limiting
- Self-service portal for real-time visibility
- Reporting capability: snapshots and trend analysis
- Application inventory: identification of active application usage
- Web-based: no costly investments in physical appliances.
The Bandwidth Management service enables organisations to operate more efficiently, make significant cost savings, gain a competitive advantage and much more:
- Prioritise traffic by application type
- Continuously monitor your end-users’ experience
- View a consolidated list of the status of all steps and applications
- Improve business agility with application control at your fingertips
- Control spiralling costs of network infrastructure and associated services
- Remove the burden of CPE based WAN management and optimisation technology
- Monitor any web application, whether internal (behind the firewall), external (customer-facing), or Cloud-based
- Significant cost savings of web-based service over appliance based equivalents.