Virtual Data Centre
VDC: the blueprint for business agility
Exponential-e’s Virtual Data Centre (VDC) service is a virtual networked infrastructure providing virtual storage and server resources for businesses all accessed via a secure portal. The service enables businesses to roll-out on-demand hosting, storage and computing resulting in the creation of their own private clouds.
VDC serves as an extension of an organisation’s IT operations as it integrates seamlessly into existing infrastructure with fibre connectivity over Exponential-e’s carrier-class network.
VDC designed for high-availability, reliability and Business Continuity
The Exponential-e VDC service is hosted in three geographically diverse UK data centres. We can replicate customers’ services from one site to another over our carrier-class network with dedicated connectivity.
The VDC putting cloud estate configuration at your finger tips
Exponential-e’s VDC is designed for customers to manage their virtual estates at the touch of a button. Configuration, real-time changes, capacity and pooling of resources can all be done on-demand via our secure cloud portal.
The VDC service which is built on a robust network
We don’t refer you to a third party for your connectivity to your virtual environment. High-bandwidth and highly-reliable fibre connectivity is delivered over our own carrier-class 100GigE VPLS network.
Exponential-e VDC service features:
- Enterprise level hardware and virtualisation software
- Geographically diverse locations (UK based) in Tier III data centres
- Automation with self-service portal
- Monitoring and management of servers available: resources (CPU, memory, disk), network, application
- Microsoft Operating System licenses included
- Supports following Operating Systems: Windows – 2003 sp2*, 2008 r1&2, 2012, Linux – Redhat, Ubuntu, Centos
- Flexible billing: fixed, PAYG/consumption-based
- Service Levels: standard Infrastructure 99.9%, Replicated 99.99% and High-Availability 99.9999%
- 24x7x365 service support
- Resiliency: hardware resiliency as standard and 5 minute RPO and 5 minute RTO available
- Flexible connectivity: Layer 2 (stretched VLAN), Layer 3 with VPLS, Internet Connectivity, load balancing options
- Microsoft Clustering Supported
- Storage: auto-tiering storage, Tier 1: fibre channel with fast cache, Tier 2: Sata based and NAS storage.
- HP cloud matrix architecture
- EMC VNX Storage
- VMware 5.1 Hypervisor
- Leading Orchestration portal
- Automated billing platform.
Our Virtual Data Centre service provides benefits impacting both your strategic objectives and your business operations:
- Never worry about infrastructure, upgrading, patching or management again
- Increased business agility with automation and faster time to deployment
- Increased resilience over traditional server technology, enhanced further with additional locations
- Create, modify and tear down machines at the touch of a button in real-time
- Reduce CapEx compared with traditional infrastructure – no physical hardware investment
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership by flexing infrastructure spending
- Improved resiliency for online businesses
- Improved Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Faster response times to external factors impacting your business performance.