The network — the foundation for business communications
The foundation of our business is our carrier-class Fibre network with a 100Gig Ethernet core built over the last 10 years. It is this network which underpins the services we deliver — providing solid foundations for corporate networks, the coverage to reach over 90% of UK businesses and the investments in security and equipment to power these services.
We have invested significantly in the network over the years. The robust MPLS network today enables VPLS technology with Alcatel core switches at the core, ensuring it is one of the UK’s most secure carrier networks.
The carrier-class network that reaches over 90% of UK businesses
Over the past 10 years, Exponential-e’s network has extended coverage from major metros with the breadth of our network providing reach to over 90% of UK businesses. Today, the network has over 120 Points of Presence nationally and has over 35, 000 on-net postcodes in London alone.
The very design of our network has businesses in mind and is built around major metro-hubs including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Investments providing customers with network control and visibility
Our network carries data for some of the UK’s most regulated and data-intensive industries who demand the utmost control and security. As a result, we have invested heavily in tools which provide network control and monitoring including:
- Bandwidth management – web-based monitoring and control of traffic on the network without the need for investing in costly appliances.
- Network monitoring and control – location and device reporting which include bandwidth throughput, latency and jitter.
Over 1400 business run multiple services over Exponential-e’s network
Our carrier-class network is a business only network meaning it is not constrained by consumer traffic and is designed for data-intensive business users. Many of our customers choose us because of the VPLS enabled network which enables our customers to converge multiple services over one connection.
From Cloud and Voice Services to Business Internet and multi-site corporate Wide Area Networks, our customers are running mission-critical services over our network.
Quick network facts
- Carrier-class network offering resilience and reliability
- True end-to-end SLAs
- Built using Ethernet and Layer 2 VPLS technology
- Own UK NOC offering 24x7 pro-active support
- Core network has never been down in our history
- Over 32 on-net data centres
- Over 35,000 on-net postcodes in London
- UK wide coverage reaching 90% of businesses
- International reach with PoPs on the US east coast and mainland Europe
- ISO 9001, 27001, 20000 accredited
- Built using industry leading Alcatel core switches
The network, business services and cloud infrastructure – all under one end-to-end SLA
For many businesses having a separate provider for the network and multiple providers for the variety of services which are required to run business operations, means numerous Service Level Agreements (SLAs). The disparity in service between providers can often result in conflicting performance and resolution times which impact business operations.
As Exponential-e owns its own network and services are delivered over it, we provide a true end-to-end SLA which starts at the customer premises all the way through to the hosted services.
Click the images below to see our network footprint or Email us: